Let’s instigate change in Cambridge with the Bicycle Revolution way of life
The Bicycle Revolution Cambridge wants to get loads of our awesome locals moving on two wheels around town. We will inspire you with awesome events and competitions, load you up with all the info you need and give you a platform to share ideas to make biking easier.
All designed to get you on your wheels and turn Cambridge into the bike lifestyle town it can be!
BOOM. Become part of the Revolution!
Where it all began…
We have run the Cambridge Cycling Festival in town for four years and more recently the Café Crawl – with the hefty vision of using our wee event as a way to inspire our (not-so-wee anymore) town to bike.
Then lockdown! We all saw the buckets of people who found their bikes over lockdown – and with the right environment (time, great weather, no cars, boredom…?!...). Our streets were turned into biking boulevards, rugby shorts were on, helmets were on backwards, bikes were being used – and people were loving it!
Even those who didn’t bike, loved it!
That was enough to throw the kitchen sink at our vision and create a hub and a platform to turn Cambridge into a bike friendly town.
We want to:
- Provide practical information for everyday people on bikes
- Run wickedly fun events to inspire and encourage people to move around town
- Share stories of locals who are feverish about riding their bikes
- Provide a voice to council and other decision makers for those who want to ride their bikes safely around town
- Give our community a platform to contribute and have your say
- Bring together the community to ride their bikes more around town and feel safe doing so!
A great town to ride a bike in is a great town to live in.
Bring on a Revolution!
Latest News & Good Stuff
Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein 1879-1955